Shore Cottage, Garlieston — sleeps up to 4* guests (2 +2) • children and dogs welcome • 50m from sandy beach • wood burning stove. Semi-detached, traditional stone holiday cottage with enclosed garden adjacent to Galloway House Gardens and less than 100 yards from the secluded, tree-lined, sandy beach at Rigg Bay. You can hear the waves from your bedroom or take your breakfast to the beach. This charming cottage on the edge of the original walled garden of Galloway House retains many period features. It has recently been refurbished in an airy, comfortable style with a subtle mixture of Scottish, seaside and garden cottage themed rooms. Beachcombers will love this location as will writers and painters, nature and garden visitors, activity seekers or honeymooners. Shore Cottage is an ideal base for enjoying all that the Solway Coast has to offer. Attractive walks start from your door. Head south on the shore path through primrose woods to Cruggleton Cliffs and the castle beyond. Head north towards Garlieston village via the woodland garden and arboretum of Galloway House Gardens, famous for its spring display of azaleas and rhododendrons. Golf and fishing are within easy reach, as are the Galloway Hills and the world class 7 Stanes mountain bike trails. Wigtown — Scotland’s book town; Whithorn — cradle of early British Christianity; and the harbour villages of Isle of Whithorn and Port William are a short drive or cycle ride away.
- 1 x first floor double bedroom with view over garden
- 1 x bathroom on first floor with WC, WB and bath with shower over.
- 1 x ground floor WC and WB.
- Ground floor dining kitchen with dining table and seating for 4.
- Sitting room with wood burning stove and seating for 4 including double sofa bed.
- TV, DVD/CD
- Unlimited Wi-Fi
- Washing machine
- Iron and board
- Travel cot and high chair available
- Small library of books, DVDs and CDs available
- Garden furniture and BBQ
- Parking for two cars
- Well-behaved dogs welcome (max 2)*. Dog towels and sofa throws provided.
- Harbour village of Garlieston with pub and shop, tennis courts, play area and bowling green approximately 1 mile
- Sandy beach less than a minute away
- Free range eggs, rare breed meat, fruit and vegetables in season.
- This cottage may be taken with neighbouring Orchard Cottage (sleeps up to 7) and nearby Pavilion Cottage (sleeps up to 5) to accommodate max. 16 people.
*small fee applies.