Sleeps 4 +1 • dogs welcome • wood burning stove – not suitable for children.
Pavilion Cottage Garlieston sits within the walled garden of Garlieston House on the Galloway House Estate, former home to the Earls of Galloway.
The cottage has its own large lawn with mature shrubs and trees, herbaceous borders, and use of a private open air swimming pool*. Pavilion Cottage is not suitable for children. Beyond the walled garden is a woodland and kitchen garden, an orchard and a paddock with rare breed sheep, Indian Runner ducks and hens.
Rigg Bay, a secluded, sandy beach is under five minutes walk away. And beyond the garden walls lies the tranquil arboretum of Galloway House Gardens.
- Double doors from garden open into a spacious open plan dining/sitting room with upholstered sofas and window seats and wood burning stove.
- 2 x ground floor bedrooms: one double, one zip and link king/twin with direct ramped access to garden.
- Kitchen with fridge-freezer, multi-oven range style cooker with grill and 5 ceramic hot plates, microwave, kettle, toaster.
- Shower room with large tiled shower, WC and washbasin.
- Underfloor heating.
- Additional features: Nespresso (original pod size) compatible coffee machine. BBQ. Fire Pit. Logs supplied.
- On request and at the discretion of the owner a sofabed/trundle bed may be provided. (Must be booked in advance, and additional guests must be agreed with the owner before you arrive.)
Please contact the owner for more information regarding the layout and suitability for all members of your booking.
- In ground outdoor swimming pool with sun loungers, open May to early October*
- Open staircase to gallery landing, double height seating area and original beams
- Wood burning stove
- Under floor heating throughout ground floor
- Freesat TV, DVD and stereo. (Alexa Echo speaker, Chromecast or Firestick available on request.)
- Free WiFi
- Most UK mobile phone signals reach the area, but no 5G.
- Small telescope for stargazing and bird watching
- Garden furniture, fire bowl and barbecue
- Dogs welcome**
- Washing machine, tumble drier and drying area
- A short walk from a quiet, sheltered beach
- 30 minutes from the Galloway Hills and 7 Stanes mountain biking at Glentrool and Kirroughtree
- 2 acclaimed distilleries within a short distance
- Pub serving meals within walking distance
- Cafe and convenience store within walking distance.
*Usually heated May to early October. We cannot guarantee any particular temperature. Usually between 23C – 26C is possible. The pool is also used by the owners/residents of neighbouring Garlieston House who have exclusive access from 4pm – 6pm and will be discreet. Outside these times Pavilion Cottage guests have priority access.
** Up to 2 well-behaved dogs considered for small fee of £30 per dog per week or part thereof. House rules apply.