Sleeps up to 5 (4+1) • dogs welcome • wood burning stove – not suitable for children.
Pavilion Cottage Garlieston sits within the walled garden of Garlieston House on the Galloway House Estate, former home to the Earls of Galloway.
The cottage has its own large lawn with mature shrubs and trees, herbaceous borders, and use of a private open air swimming pool*. Pavilion Cottage is not suitable for children. Beyond the walled garden is a woodland and kitchen garden, an orchard and a paddock with rare breed sheep, Indian Runner ducks and hens.
Rigg Bay, a secluded, sandy beach is under five minutes walk away. And beyond the garden walls lies the tranquil arboretum of Galloway House Gardens.
- Double doors from garden open into spacious sitting room with upholstered sofas and window seats.
- Dining area with wood burning stove and extending table.
- 2 x ground floor bedrooms: one double, and zip and link twin/double with direct ramped access to garden
- 1 x first floor loft single bed for +1 (on request)
- Kitchen with fridge-freezer, multi-oven range style cooker with grill and 5 ceramic hot plates, microwave, nespresso (original pod size) compatible coffee machine.
- Shower room with large tiled shower, WC and washbasin.
- In ground outdoor swimming pool, open May to early October*
- Open staircase, gallery landing double height dining area and original beams
- Wood burning stove
- Under floor heating throughout ground floor
- TV, DVD and stereo
- Telephone and unlimited WiFi
- Telescope for stargazing and bird watching
- Garden furniture fire bowl and barbecue
- Dogs welcome**
- Washing machine, tumble drier and drying area
- A short walk from a quiet, sheltered beach
- 30 minutes from the Galloway Hills and 7 Stanes mountain biking at Glentrool and Kirroughtree
*Usually heated May to early October. We cannot guarantee any particular temperature. Usually between 23C – 26C is possible. The pool is also used by the owners and residents of neighbouring Garlieston House who have exclusive access from 4pm – 6pm and will be discreet. Outside these times Pavilion Cottage guests have priority access.
** Up to 2 well-behaved dogs considered for small fee of £30 per dog per week or part thereof. House rules apply.