Orchard Cottage, Garlieston — seaside holiday cottage • sleeps 7 +1 guests • children and dogs welcome • 70m from sandy beach • garden • wood burning stove
Semi-detached, traditional stone holiday cottage overlooking the orchard of Galloway House Gardens and 70m from the secluded, tree-lined, sandy beach at Rigg Bay. You can hear the waves from your bedroom or take your breakfast to the beach.
One of two original gardener’s cottages owned by Galloway House Gardens Trust, Orchard Cottage, with so much outdoor space and places to explore, is a favourite family holiday cottage by the sea.
A large games barn offering table tennis with single playback feature is a great space for older children to play. The barn also acts as a covered entertainment area for all ages.
Attractive walks for all ages and abilities start from your door. Head south on the shore path through primrose woods to Cruggleton Cliffs and the castle beyond. Head north towards Garlieston village via the woodland garden and arboretum of Galloway House Gardens, famous for its spring display of azaleas and rhododendrons.
Golf and fishing are within easy reach, as are the Galloway Hills and the world class 7 Stanes mountain bike trails. Wigtown — Scotland’s book town; Whithorn — cradle of early British Christianity; and the harbour villages of Isle of Whithorn and Port William are a short drive or cycle ride away on quiet roads.
- Sleeps up to 8
- 3 x twin or double bedrooms and dressing room with 1 x single bed all on first floor with view over garden
- First floor bathroom with WC, WB and bath with shower over.
- Ground floor open plan kitchen/dining and living area with seating for 8
- Snug with wood burning stove and full length extra bed for +1 (suitable for adult or child)
- Ground floor shower room with WC and WB.
- TV, DVD/CD
- Unlimited WiFi
- Washing machine
- Iron and board
- Travel cot and high chair available for up to 2 infants
- Small library of books, DVDs and CDs available
- Garden furniture and BBQ
- Large games barn with table tennis
- Parking for 2+ cars
- Well-behaved dogs welcome (max 2)*. Dog towels and sofa throws provided.
- Harbour village of Garlieston with pub and tea room serving meals, tennis courts, play area and bowling green approximately 1 mile
- Sandy beach less than a minute away
- Free range eggs, fruit and vegetables in season.
- This cottage may be taken with Shore Cottage (sleeps 2 +2) and or Pavilion Cottage (sleeps 5) to accommodate max. 16 people.
*small fee applies.