A spacious holiday house with 8 bedrooms sleeping up to 20. Well equipped for gatherings of friends and family, and only a mile from a secluded pebble beach and St Ninian’s Cave, Marl House is perfect for all ages.
Situated in a part of Scotland with a milder climate thanks to the gulf stream, with fabulous views and surrounded by open fields and landscaped gardens, each floor is laid out with large group accommodation in mind.
This traditionally-styled, reclaimed stone and slate house, completed in 2014, has all the charm of an old country house with the comfort of a newly built well-insulated property.
The house stands apart, down a private lane leading to the shore. Close by is the delightful Claymoddie Garden, within a short walk and the lovely Glasserton Kirk. The town of Whithorn full of centuries of history to discover (1.5 miles) caters for everyday supplies and, nearby, Scotland’s most southerly cinema can be reached within moments at Isle of Whithorn, where you will also find the friendly Steam Packet Inn overlooking a working harbour. This award winning real ale pub with on-site micro brewery welcomes children and dogs and serves local ingredients including seafood caught off the adjacent Solway coast.
- 8 x bedrooms (three en-suite), includes mix of 4 x double/king and 4 x twin bedrooms
- Optional ground floor bedroom with zip and link beds suitable for disabled access
- Option of 2 additional beds in the east or west wings for family suites (a small charge may apply) to a maximum accommodation of 20
- 5 x bathrooms (three en-suite) all with bath with shower attachment, washbasin, WC
- Ground floor wetroom – ideal for disabled access
- One cloakroom with WC and WB
- Library/TV room (optional ground floor bedroom)
- Cots and high chairs available on request
- Classical country house style
- Dining room with extending mahogany D-end table has seating for 12 perfect for a special lunch or dinner
- The French windows lead out to the garden on two sides with classic drapes for evening glamour
- There is also a table and chairs in the kitchen for eight
- There is a drawing room with woodburner
- Family room with optional dining space for additional 10 with private double suite above
- The house is centrally heated in the cooler months with underfloor heating in the hard floor areas and traditional chunky radiators in the carpeted rooms
- The reading room with large selection of books, WiFi, telephone and TV can double up as ground floor accommodation if required
- Large fully equipped farmhouse-style dining kitchen including 4 oven oil-fired Aga, electric oven and grill and electric hob with four hotplates, American style fridge with ice making
- Pantry/utility/laundry room with butlers sink two washers and two tumble driers, two fridge freezers and two microwave ovens heaps of space for storing supplies
- Games room with table tennis
- Garden room/studio space
- Large, lawned garden
- Catering size charcoal barbecue
- Garden furniture
- Parking for eight cars
- Storage for bicycles, push chairs and other outdoor equipment
- Well-behaved, house-trained dogs are welcome for a small fee of £30 per dog per week or part thereof. (Restrictions apply.)